Thursday, February 10, 2011

VALEN"TIME" WELL "SPENT" $$$ ???

I guess I just love to throw myself into the season  (when I have time).


You can only guess that I must have had a lot of time on my hands this past week (with classess canceled due to Texas' treacherous weather: 6 snow/ice days within a two week period.   Not only did our home end up looking like the Valentine section of a Gift Shop, but thank goodness I also had energy left to organize only one of my cupboards that was in dire need of attention (I should have attacked more, but that got old fast).


After having accomplished all of the above, I hit the computer (no, not hid, but hit) i.e., checked on my students (they do HW on the computer), answered e-mails, wrote my blog for the day, and finally checked my e-mail . . . where Dillards's subject line was: SHOP AT HOME WHILE YOU'RE STUCK AT HOME!  What a lovely dangerous  idea! 


Our table is already covered with heart-shaped stuff: Red quilted Place mats with matching dinner napkins,  Valentine coffee mugs, and a couple of heart shaped boxes filled with healthy chocolate covered sunflower seeds (candy coated in pink, white and red, of course), as well as a heart shaped picture frame with a fairly decent picture of "us" (probably taken 14 years ago).   Even the automobile has a touch of heart with red and white porcelain mugs that fit nicely into the car's beverage receptical! 

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH . . .So the question is this:  Was the Valen"TIME" well "SPENT" $$$???

1 comment:

  1. We want a photo, and then we'll let you know if the Valen"time" was well spent!!!!

    ReplyDelete