Monday, February 7, 2011

LOST & FOUND

As a 3 year old, I still remember it as if it happened yesterday!  I WAS LOST IN NEWTONVILLE SQUARE (while shopping with my Mom at the A&P).

My older sister must have been in Kindergarten, when Mom took me along to the little A&P grocery store in our community,  located just around the corner from my Dad's store.

For some reason, I wandered and exited the store only to realize I couldn't find Mummy (and at that age, didn't know where Daddy's store was located).    As I stood on the sidewalk, looking around and not recognizing anyone or anything, the only solution was to  start crying because at that moment, I realized I was all by myself and LOST!

The nice Policeman who "found" me within seconds of my crying, took my hand and walked me to  Daddy's store . . .  one of my happiest recollections of age 3.

The Policeman was also very happy that he could help our family AND he continually reminded my Dad of this while at the same time requesting FREE STUFFF (at every visit to the store).

Dad must have thought I was worth the bag of light bulbs (or whatever it was) every month, but one day,the Captain of the Police Force caught wind of the monthly requested merchandise "payoff"  and put a stop to it.  Years later, I learned about this fiasco.

1 comment:

  1. Just think of how much light you provided in the life of that erstwhile policeman!

    ReplyDelete