Wednesday, March 2, 2011

LOCKDOWN

It was my first ever . . . and the first for some of my older students.  It was the younger students who had sadly been through this awful experience many times, as a matter of fact, at their Highschool.

But there I was with 4 of my students who had come early to make up a missed chapter test when, within the hour, our smart phones started vibrating all at the same time: THE CAMPUS POLICE issued  A TEXT ALERT that our Campus was in Lockdown Mode after a shooting threat.  We were to stay put until further notice.

NEVER HAVING  been in lockdown on our campus OR ANY CAMPUS FOR THAT MATTER,  my students and I were so thankful that nothing happened, and that Campus Police were efficient in handling the emergency and the Staff efficient in notifying the students and personnel, both by text message and classroom to classroom personally to ensure the safety of everyone on campus.

1 comment:

  1. It was your first ever -- and hopefully the last ever! So glad that the school handled the emergency with such efficiency -- and so glad for cell phones!

    ReplyDelete